The ''Biržos'' bridge is a steel bridge built through the Danė River, between Herkaus Manto St. and Tiltų St. This bridge can be raised at an angle of 50 degrees on both sides.
In the 18th century the wooden Biržos bridge had a strategic significance: on the right bank of the river, it was guarded by poured ravelin. The bridge gave to the city considerable income: every vessel had to pay a bridge-raising fee and then a small hole was opened in the middle of the bridge that the sailing ships could move easily. Until the 19th century, it was the only transit bridge.
In 1877, a new drawbridge was started to build on masonry supports.
Two parts of the bridge were strung. In 1904, when the tram started to ply regularly, the upper part of the bridge was reconstructed again. After this reconstruction, the bridge was decorated with two metallic, openwork portals of Art Nouveau style with the lanterns attached to them. So that moving parts of the bridge wouldn't bend, their ends were tensed with metal crank structures. The bridge remained in its shape until late 1920s. During World War II, the bridge was demolished. It was rebuilt in 1948 and reconstructed in 2007.